Sep 26 2022 09:49 a.m
Politically left-wing people who do not see themselves represented by the current politics of left-wing parties are organizing themselves in the new election alternative “Social List Future”. The SLZ demands in relation to sanctions, corona policy and the welfare state differ significantly from the agenda of the Left Party.
In September, the new electoral alternative “Social List Future” – SLZ. Disappointed with traditional left-wing parties (Die Linke, DKP and others), people from different left contexts have decided to launch a left-wing election initiative. The founding was said to have been motivated Self-presentation on the SLZwebsite in particular due to the “disastrous results in terms of content and personnel at the party conference of the left in June 2022”. The Left Party supports the enemy image building and the sanctions policy of the Federal Republic towards Russia. In addition, the left is now dominated by neoliberal identity lefts.
The SLZ initiators also criticized the passivity of left-wing parties “in view of the harshest attacks by the various federal governments on the living standards of the population since 2020”. Many of them are therefore already involved in the extra-parliamentary opposition to the federal government’s war and impoverishment policies. But in future they would not only want to take the protest to the streets, but also want to take this new left perspective into parliament:
“Under these circumstances, we have decided to start by founding the organizational structure Wahlalternative Soziale Liste Zukunft. We are concerned with rebuilding a genuinely social left.”
The SLZ is fundamentally interested in working together and networking with groups that have similar objectives. In your founding call: “Call for the cooperation of all forces standing up for social justice to develop an electoral alternative ‘Social List Future'” the demands of the Social List Future are published after the description of the expected dramatic lack of supply of the population. “Our economy and our standard of living are currently under massive pressure from sanctions. Politicians are preparing us for a social massacre in winter, when the economy is permanently shut down due to a lack of gas and the apartments remain cold. The same politicians are also preparing us for protracted power outages.”
The following are just a few examples of the comprehensive political agenda of the Social List Future. The claims are on her call presented in more detail. Among other things, these include:
– The end of the self-destructive sanctions against Russia.
– Price freeze for food through a permanent reduction in VAT, if necessary to zero.
– Suspension of price-boosting exchange trading for electricity, gas and petrol. Distribution of these resources exclusively by the states.
– Give basic services (health, housing, water, electricity, public transport, pension) to the public sector.
– Financing these measures through taxes on high wealth (only millionaires and billionaires who have benefited significantly from the policies of recent years would be affected).
– No more taboos on topics such as climate change, vaccine damage, corona measures, migration, gender and the defamation of opinions that are not in line with government and mainstream lines.
After all, the aim of the SLZ is that people in Germany can vote for social politics again, “that social politics can be given more than just a ‘thumbs up’ or a ‘heart’ in the social networks. We want a social Politics can finally be chosen on a ballot paper again and will also be enforced after the elections.”
more on the subject – Baerbock versus Wagenknecht & Weidel: Hot autumn with a transverse front in Germany?