Today, Saturday, the UAE condemned the targeting of the Houthi group in the Jazan region in Saudi Arabia, which resulted in deaths and injuries of civilians.
A statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation said that it considered the targeting “a dangerous escalation and a cowardly act that requires taking all necessary measures to protect civilian objects and civilians from the threats of the Houthis,” according to the Emirates News Agency.
The ministry also renewed the UAE’s full solidarity with Saudi Arabia over these attacks, standing with it in one line against every threat to its security and stability, and supporting it in all measures it takes to preserve its security and the safety of its citizens and residents.
The statement stressed that the security of the UAE and Saudi Arabia “is an indivisible whole,” noting that “any threat or danger facing the Kingdom is considered by the state as a threat to its security and stability system.”
The death of a Saudi citizen and a Yemeni resident
The Coalition to Support Legitimacy in Yemen announced yesterday, Friday evening, the death of a Saudi citizen and a Yemeni resident as a result of the fall of a projectile fired by the Houthi militia on Jizan, while the spokesman for the General Directorate of Civil Defense, Lt. Col. Muhammad Al-Hammadi, said that 7 civilians were wounded.
He also indicated that two shops and 12 vehicles were damaged by shrapnel.
The coalition had announced, earlier on Friday, the fall of an enemy projectile in one of the border villages in Najran, in an attempt to target civilians, in addition to the fall of one of the industrial workshops in Samtah in the Jazan region.