On Monday morning, Chancellor-designate Olaf Scholz announced the names of the ministers for the upcoming traffic light coalition for the SPD as the last of the three traffic light parties:
- Bless you:Karl Lauterbach has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2005. Main focus of work: health and social policy. In the past few months he was particularly noticeable because of his uninterrupted screen presence. His permanent warnings and reminders with contradicting statements and results not only earned him encouragement. His role as a “lobbyist” is the key word Lipobay-Scandal, is known and controversial.
- Inside and home:Nancy Faeser is Member of the state board of the SPD Hessen since 2013 and state chairwoman of the SPD Hessen since 2019. Since 2009 she has been chairwoman of the Parliamentary Control Commission for the Protection of the Constitution. She is the first Federal Minister of the Interior in the history of the FRG. She sees her most important official act as fighting right-wing extremism in Germany.
- Defense:Christine Lambrecht was Parliamentary State Secretary for Finance from March 2018 to June 2019. She has been Federal Minister of Justice and Consumer Protection since June 2019 and Federal Minister for Families, Seniors, Women and Youth since May 20, 2021. During her time as Federal Minister of Justice, she came across the appointment of a new presidium at the Federal Fiscal Courtin the criticism. The accusation: party political considerations.
- Bauen: Klara Geywitz (SPD politician from Potsdam, had unsuccessfully applied for party chairmanship with Olaf Scholz two years ago) was defeated in the 2019 state election by the candidate from the Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen party. It also did not move into the state parliament over 10th place on the state list. She has been a member of the board of the Foundation for German-Polish Cooperation since 2014. She has no extraordinary offices within the SPD. Her husband Ulrich Deupmann worked as a speechwriter and advisor for the then Federal Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier from 2006 to 2009. Deupmann was considered “one of the most important The spin doctor in Steinmeier’s environment “and is also a member of the friends of the Berlin think tank Das Progressive Zentrum.
- Economical co-operation and Development:Svenja Schulze was State Minister for Innovation, Science and Research for the State of North Rhine-Westphalia from 2010 to 2017. During this time she was burdened a building scandal. She has been Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety since March 2018. In 2019 it came into the focus of the Federal Audit Office, the criticizedthat she spent over 600 million euros on external consultants.
- Work and social:Hubertus Heil has been a member of the Bundestag since 1998. Since December 2011 he has been a member of the SPD party executive committee; Federal Minister for Labor and Social Affairs since March 2018. He recently hit the headlines for a short time “Mask Gate”, in connection with a lack of agreements with Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn.
- Head of the Chancellery:Wolfgang Schmidt is considered to be the closest confidante and “top damage limiter” of Olaf Scholz. They have known each other for around 20 years. Schmidt looks after and equips Scholz’s Twitter account, which he received in September 2021 Prosecution proceedingsprocured. From 2014 to 2015 he was Chairman of the Conference of European Ministers (EMK) and from 2015 to 2018 a member of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR). From 2018 State Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Finance. He is considered one of the “best networkers of the entire Berlin political machine”.
More on the subject –Media reports: SPD wants to make Andrea Nahles head of the Federal Employment Agency